An incredible honey and soy stir fry with nutrient rich prawns. The Asian influence takes these prawns to a whole new level. Combine with slices of lime.
- 10 whole shell-on prawns, weighing about 400g (1 lb)
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) dark soy sauce
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lime juice, freshly squeezed (optional)
- With a sharp knife, score down the back of the shrimp. Remove the thin, digestive tract with the tip of the knife. Repeat with the rest of the prawns. Rinse the prawns under running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the two oils in a large frying pan. When the pan is really hot, place the prawns in a single layer in the pan.
- Add the soy sauce to the prawns immediately. Make sure the prawns get coated with the soy sauce. Fry for about 1 minute.
- Turn each prawn on its other side, then add the honey to the prawns and make sure it gets evenly spread. After about 1 minute the prawns should be pink and cooked through. If not, fry for just a little bit longer.
- Remove the prawns, drizzle with lime juice and serve immediately.
- Serve with Leek & Mushroom Noodles on the side.
- To serve more people, simply multiply the ingredients accordingly.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 644
- Sugar: 42.1 g
- Sodium: 1832 mg
- Fat: 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.5 g
- Protein: 68.5 g