- 60ml (4 tbsp) pomegranate molasses
- 60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) sea salt flakes
- 1kg (2lbs) boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 2 green peppers, cut into square chunks
- In a large bowl, mix together the pomegranate molasses, oil, cumin, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Cut the meat into square chunks and thread onto wooden skewers, alternating with green pepper.
- Place the chicken skewers in a single layer in a tray and pour over the marinade, making sure every part of the meat is covered.
- Leave the chicken the marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Barbecue the skewers over moderate coals, or grill in the oven, turning frequently, for 25 minutes, or until cooked.
Serve with Pomegranate Couscous Salad.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 267 mg
- Fat: 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
- Protein: 32.8 g
- Cholesterol: 141 mg