Smoked chicken drumsticks are the best for making finger-licking delicious party food for BBQs! Learn how to make juicy smoked chicken legs BBQ style.
- 8 brined chicken drumsticks
- Salt and pepper
- Apple or cherry wood chips
- For a very basic brining method, check out my How To Brine Chicken article.
- Preheat the Char-Broil Big Easy Smoker on the High setting and fill the smoking box with wood chips.
- Wait for 10 minutes until the chips begin to smoke, then change the heat setting to Low.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks on the top and bottom shelf of the wire basket and place in smoker.
- Close lid and cook until the chicken’s internal temperature is 75°C (165°F). This takes about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the smoker and wrap the chicken in foil, letting it rest for about 20 minutes before eating.
- To cook the chicken evenly, halfway through the cooking time you can place the bottom pieces in the top shelf and vice versa.
- I preferred using the low setting because cooking meat can sometimes lead to rubbery/tough textures.
- The cooking might differ from the above because it depends on the size of the chicken and heat setting you use. For best results, use a meat thermometer!
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 136 mg
- Fat: 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 31.7 g
- Cholesterol: 143 mg