- 16 rashers of streaky bacon
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) chilli powder
- 15ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) dried oregano
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- For the marinade, combine the citrus rind and juice, garlic, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and olive oil in a bowl.
- Wrap 2 rashers of bacon around each chicken thigh. Secure with wooden cocktail sticks. Arrange the wrapped chicken thighs in a baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover and let marinate 1 hour at room temperature or several hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crisp, about 40 minutes for small thighs and 1 hour for large thighs. Skim the excess fat from the sauce before serving.
- Rice is a good accompaniment because there is plenty of sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 537
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 234 mg
- Fat: 29.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 53.3 g
- Cholesterol: 140 mg