- 400g (1lb) cooked mung beans
- 400g (1lb) cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm (2in) fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) red chilli powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) sea salt
- 10 walnuts, chopped into small pieces
- 60g (2oz) flour [optional]
- 1 egg, whisked [optional]
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC/gas mark 5.
- Place the beans, sweet potato, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, chilli, salt and walnuts in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- At this point the mixture shouldn’t be sticky to handle. If it is add a bit more flour until it isn’t anymore.
- Form 5cm (2in) balls with the mixture and place on baking parchment in a baking tray.
- Glace the balls with whisked egg or a bit of oil.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake for 30 minutes or until browned.
- Best served warm with a salad and dressing.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 537 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.6 g
- Fiber: 12.9 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg