- 500g (1lb) venison steak, cut into 2.5cm (1in) cubes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) jerk spice
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 8 mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 courgette, washed and cut into 1.5cm (½in) slices
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, washed and cut into bite-sized chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the venison cubes in a large mixing bowl and mix in the jerk spice and so that all surfaces are adequately covered. (Optional: leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.)
- Thread the meat and the various vegetables onto the wooden skewers.
- Slather the kebabs with oil and season to taste.
- Grill the kebabs for about 7 minutes on each side or cooked until desired doneness.
- Serve with a salad and the usual barbecue side dishes.
- Tip: Soak the wooden skewers in water for an hour first to prevent them from burning on the barbecue.
- Tip: Prevent the pieces from spinning on the skewers by using two skewers per kebab.
- Substitute the vegetables with your favourites!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Scottish
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 25.6 g