For this Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts you only need brussels sprouts, oil, butter, cheese and 30 minutes to make a tasty dish. You can pair them with just about any Western meal.
- 1kg (2lbs) brussels sprouts
- 14g (1 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 135g (1½ cups) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to its hottest setting.
- Prepare the Brussels Sprouts: Trim off the bottom stem of the sprouts. Peel off and discard any outer leaves that are yellowed or blemished. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise through the stem.
- Parboil the Brussels Sprouts: Boil the brussels sprouts in a large pot of salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and let them steam dry.
- Roast the Brussels Sprouts: Place the oil and butter in a 25 x 38 x 2.5cm (10 x 15 x 1in) roasting tin and place in the oven for 1 minute or until the butter has melted.
- Remove the tin from the oven and gently tip in the Brussels sprouts. Toss them in the butter and oil and arrange in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese abundantly over the vegetables.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Feel free to play with different types of cheese!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: parmesan brussels sprouts, roasted brussels sprouts, cheesy brussels sprouts, christmas brussels sprouts, christmas side dish, brussels sprouts recipe