Leek and Mushroom Noodles can be made in 30 minutes. A tasty dish for both vegetarians and meat eaters that balances sweet and salty flavours.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 250g (9 oz) egg noodles
- 28g (2 tbsp) butter
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g (1 large) leek, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 300g (0.67lb) mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the seeds in a dry pan over medium heat, until golden and fragrant, for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil the noodles according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. When it starts sizzling add the garlic and leeks. Gently fry the leek mixture for 10 minutes or until soft, stirring constantly. (If you prefer your leeks crispier, by all means reduce the cooking time a bit.)
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. At this point you can turn up the heat to brown and caramelize the vegetables a bit, if you prefer.
- Spoon the honey into the pan, give the vegetables a stir, add the noodles and then mix everything thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the noodles with sesame seeds, season to taste and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: leek and mushroom noodles, egg noodle recipe, egg noodle side dish, vegetarian noodle recipe, leek and mushroom recipe