Pea and egg fried rice is a time old Asian classic side dish. You only need a handful of ingredients which are inexpensive, making this a great weekly meal. Add some sesame and groundnut oils for more Asian flavours in the egg fried rice and garnish with spring onions.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10ml (2 tsp) sesame oil [4 syns]
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 320g (2 cups) of cold cooked white rice
- 125ml (½ cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Put the eggs, sesame oil and half the salt in a small jug or bowl, mix a fork and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Add the rice, remaining salt and peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until it is heated through.
- Next drizzle in the egg and oil mixture and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs have set and the mixture is dry.
- Toss in the spring onions and stir-fry for another 1 minute then serve at once.
- If you’re on the Slimming World programme, one portion equals 1 syn.
- If you’re not gluten intolerant, you can use 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce instead. Otherwise, stick to salt as the recipe suggests.
- Category: Side DIsh
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: slimming world egg fried rice, egg fried rice recipe, egg fried rice with peas, Chinese side dish recipe, Chinese rice recipe