- 500g (1lb) runner beans
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- Trim the beans and then shop in 2.5cm (1in) pieces.
- Boil the beans in a pan of salted water for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the beans, give it a good shake then tip them into a food processor with butter.
- Process the beans to desired consistency, coarse or super smooth. You might need a tiny splash of water to get the mixture going.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve as a side dish.
- Vegans can use their oil of choice instead of butter.
- You can substitute the beans with peas.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 216
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 8.7 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg