With the holiday season coming up a lot of people will be hosting parties. Cocktail parties, dinner parties, Christmas parties, all types of parties! If you want to wow your guests, prepare this canapé. It’s simple and straightforward. Experience the divine by biting through the tomato and discovering the creamy meatiness of the crab followed by the slight bite of the chili and flavour of coriander. If you know your guests don’t mind some extra spiciness, increase the chili a bit. Don’t underestimate it though, so be on the safe side and taste before serving.
P.S. This dish will be served at Stephanie’s Blog Party.
- 115g (4 oz) crab meat
- 30ml (2 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp dried chili powder
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, mayonnaise, chili and coriander. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a very thin slice from the stem end of each tomato. Carefully scoop out the pulp and seeds with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle the insides of the tomato shells lightly with salt. Invert them on kitchen paper and let them drain 15 minutes.
- Using a small spoon or your fingers, stuff the tomatoes with the crab, mounding the filling slightly on top. Serve cold.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 22
- Sodium: 48 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg