- 12 frozen vol-au-vent cases
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g (7 oz) Comté cheese, sliced in 1 cm (½ inch) cubes
- 100g (3½ oz) ham, sliced in 1 cm (½ inch) cubes
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan 200°C/425°F/gas 7).
- Place the vol-au-vents on a baking tray.
- Brush the outer rims with the egg.
- In equal quantities place the ham and cheese cubes in little towers on all the cases.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Serve as a canapé or as a light lunch with a crispy salad on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 1853
- Sodium: 2054 mg
- Fat: 132.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.2 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 109.2 g
- Cholesterol: 243 mg