- 40g (1½ oz) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 black garlic cloves
- 450g (1 lb) button or field mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 15g (½ oz) dried porcini mushrooms, soaked for 30 minutes then drained
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 45ml (3 tbsp) ricotta cheese
- 45ml (3 tbsp) cream cheese
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions and garlic for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and porcini, and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Leave to cool.
- Coarsely blend the mushroom mixture with the lemon juice, ricotta and cream cheese in a food processor.
- Season, to taste, then spoon into a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm.
- Crostini goes beautifully with this pâté. Otherwise enjoy with your favourite crusty bread.
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar reduction over the pâté for extra sweetness.
- If you can’t get hold of black garlic, you can easily use half the amount of standard garlic in the recipe instead.
- Large flat mushrooms have more flavor than the smaller button mushrooms.
- If you don’t like a strong mushroom flavour, omit the porcini mushrooms.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 562 mg
- Fat: 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg