Forget the boring salad leaves, cumbersome cucumber, tired tomato, relentless onion, overly-used olive oil, gimmicky fancy vinegar and other what-have-you’s. If you’re like me, you’ll be just after the champion chicken and morish mango anyway, so why bother faffing about with the former ingredients if you could have just the star ingredients on your plate? Now this is my kind of salad, tuck in!
Smoked Chicken, Mango & Mayonnaise Salad
Cook 15 minutes
Total 15 minutes
Author: Michelle Minnaar
- smoked chicken
- ripe mangoes
- chives, for garnishing
- If you bought a whole smoked chicken, peel off the skin (and feed it to the dogs) and carefully pick every last bone of the bird to get the best out of the deal. Chop the meat into chunks.
- Stir some mayonnaise with the chicken, just enough to make it slightly moist.
- Peel juicy mangoes and cube.
- Stir mangoes in with the chicken. (Add chopped chives if you want the salad to look impressive.) Voila!
- There are no hard or fast rules about the ratio of chicken : mango : mayo. Please yourself!
Serving Size 1 servinng
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 18.9g
Total Carbohydrates 27.1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.