- 90ml (6 tbsp) red curry paste
- 1kg (1lb) white fish or salmon, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white sugar
- 25ml (5 tsp) fish sauce
- 5cm (2in) fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 5ml (1tsp) ground turmeric
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 150g (5oz) green beans, finely chopped
- Mix the curry paste with a splash of water and add the fish. Mix and massage well.
- Blend in a food processor along with ginger, sugar, turmeric and fish sauce.
- Place mixture in a bowl and add lime leaves and beans.
- Moisten your hands in water and mould into equal sized fish cakes about 30g (1oz) in weight.
- Heat oil to 180°C and deep fry for approx 1 minute, drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately.
- You can substitute the green beans with snake beans.
- If you can get hold of Kra Chai, use 6 stems instead of ginger and pound them.
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 1175 mg
- Fat: 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Protein: 25.4 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg