You are hungry, but in a hurry. You want something simple, yet a tad extravagant. It should be easy, but must impress even the fussiest guests. Voila! Here’s your solution. Only two ingredients are needed in this soup. By the way, did I mention TWO??? Salt and pepper don’t count! Believe it or not, this dish is ready in ten minutes. Oh, did I forget to point out that it takes only TEN minutes to make??? Full of vitamins and fibre, sometimes simple is best!
Creamy Pea Soup
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 10 minutes
Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 500g (1 lb) peas, fresh or frozen
- 200g (½ lb) crème fraîche
- parsley, for garnishing
- Blanch the peas for 2-3 minutes until they are just tender and still bright green. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Tip the peas into a blender and add just enough of the liquid (about 500ml/1 pint) to cover and whiz to a smooth purée.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add all but 60g (4 tbsp) of crème fraîche and pulse for a few seconds to combine.
- Pour the soup into warm bowls and dollop the reserved crème fraîche on top. Serve immediately.
- There are other alternatives to the crème fraîche being used in this recipe, like single (running) cream, double (whipping) cream and even milk. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 14.1g
Dietary Fiber 4.9g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.