The perfect Christmas dinner should contain this brussels sprout side dish.
- 1kg (2lbs) brussels sprouts, peeled
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 150g (5oz) bacon, thinly sliced
- 150g (5 oz) blue cheese, crumbled
- 50g (2oz) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- Peel the brussels and blanch in salted boiling water until tender.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and fry the butter in it until cooked and golden.
- Add the sprouts to the bacon and toss around to coat all over.
- Place the vegetables in a large serving dish and scatter with blue cheese and nuts.
You can use any type of bacon in this dish. Pecans can be substituted for walnuts and any blue cheese will do. Instead of butter use chili oil.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 229.7g
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 547 mg
- Fat: 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.2 g
- Fiber: 7.8 g
- Protein: 15.1 g
- Cholesterol: 51 mg