A super simple marinade that can be used on seafood, chicken and pork.
Poor Greece. Currently, it’s a sad state of affairs with years of suffering in the horizon. Although in some sense we can only read the newspapers helplessly, there is one thing we could actually do to help this nation. By going on holiday in Greece and supporting their tourism industry.
In the meantime, here is a marinade recipe that I shot with The Real Greek earlier this year.
In the photos we marinated calamari for a few hours before flinging them on the barbecue for a smokey flavour. This will all be covered in the next recipe.
This post forms part of the Expedia World on a Plate Challenge.
What is your favourite marinade?
Books on Marinating and Eating Healthy
- Marinade Recipes: The Ultimate Guide
- Marinades & Salsas
- BBQ Sauces, Rubs and Marinades For Dummies
- The Hairy Dieters Eat for Life
Paprika, Honey & Oregano Marinade
Author: Michelle Minnaar
Give your barbecue a Cape Malay twist.
- 250ml (1 cup) olive oil
- 10g (1/3 oz) paprika
- 15g (1/2 oz) honey
- 3g (1/10 oz) dried oregano
- 5g (1/6 oz) fresh garlic purée
- Warm the honey then mix all ingredients together
Pomace oil can be used instead of olive. This marinade can be used with seafood, chicken and pork.
Serving Size 41g
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 33.8 g
Saturated Fat 4.8 g
Sodium 1 mg
Total Carbohydrates 3.2 g
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
Sugars 2.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
P.S. This post has been created in association with Expedia.