Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes are simply cleaned, then sliced in halves. Toss in oil, salt and thyme and bake until golden and crispy.
- 450g (1lb) jerusalem artichokes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs, optional
- Preheat oven to 170°C/350°F fan/gas mark 3.
- Scrub the artichokes thoroughly, removing any blemishes with a knife.
- Halve them lengthwise and cover with oil and season liberally. Place in a roasting tin.
- [Optional] Add the thyme sprigs.
- Roast in the oven until tender and golden, which takes around 45 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish.
- For best results, give them a shake now and then to get all surfaces golden and crispy.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 10.8 g
- Sodium: 295 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
Keywords: roasted Jerusalem artichoke, roasted artichokes recipe, Jerusalem artichoke recipe, baked sun chokes