This avocado, grapefruit and spinach salad recipe will take you no time in the kitchen whatsoever. The trick here is to cut all the ingredients evenly. Go for this grapefruit spinach salad and enjoy!
- 1 big bunch of spinach
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 large grapefruit, segmented
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Trim stems from spinach leaves well in cold water. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Place the largest leaf on the chopping board and make a pile of six or so large leaved on top of it. Roll up the leaves lengthwise, like a cigarette, and cut into tiny strips about 0.5cm (¼ inch) wide. Continue with remaining leaves, until they are all finely sliced.
- Segment the grapefruit as follows: Cut a thick slice off both ends of the grapefruit. Stand the grapefruit onto a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut away the peel of the fruit, ensuring not to cut off too much flesh. Hold the grapefruit over a bowl to catch any juices, and carefully cut out the segments allowing them to drop into the bowl with the juice. Avoid the core of the fruit and its seeds. Squeeze any remaining juice from the remaining segment of the grapefruit and discard it. Set grapefruit segments and juice aside.
- Peel the avocado and slice into thin wedges.
- Combine all the ingredients, drizzle over the grapefruit juice, toss well and serve.
- Pink grapefruit was used in this instance, but other varieties work just as well.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 12.7 g
- Sodium: 168 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.3 g
- Fiber: 11.7 g
- Protein: 8.3 g