Avocado, pear and bacon salad is really a match made in heaven. Take advantage of the creamy avocado, sweet pear and salty bacon. Best served immediately. Add more flavour with whole grained mustard and balsamic vinegar.
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados, sliced
- mixed salad leaves
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 175g (6 oz) smoked bacon, diced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 5ml (1 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- 1 large or 2 small ripe dessert pears, cored and sliced
- salt and pepper
- Arrange the avocado slices and some salad leaves on four plates.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the bacon and fry until cooked (and crisp if you like). Add the pear slices to the pan and brown on all sides. Add the vinegar and mustard and season to taste. Spoon the bacon, pears and warm dressing over the salad leaves and avocado and serve at once.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 342
- Sodium: 370 mg
- Fat: 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg