Classic Macaroni Salad, this is a staple at any summer picnic or BBQ. An easy straightforward salad that’s still full of flavour.
- 125ml (½ cup) mayonnaise
- 125ml (½ cup) Greek yogurt
- 23ml (1½ tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 10ml (2 tsp) honey
- 250g (1½ cups) dry elbow macaroni
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 (1 cup) red pepper, diced
- 2 (1 cup) carrots, diced
- 1 (½ cup) large red onion, diced
- 1 (2 tbsp) small bunch parsley, chopped
- For the Dressing: Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together until fully combined and then place in the fridge.
- Cook the Paste: In a large saucepan, half fill with boiling water and add a good pinch of salt.
- Add the macaroni and cook as guided on the packaging. Always keep an eye on your pasta as over cooking it can make the dish a little claggy.
- Once cooked, drain well and run under cold water until completely cool to prevent it cooking more.
- Assembling the Macaroni Salad: Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge and add the macaroni, eggs, red pepper, carrots, red onion and parsley, withholding a pinch of the parsley for decoration. Mix well and season to taste, making sure everything is coated evenly.
- Present in the serving bowl of your choice and top with the pinch of parsley as decoration. Enjoy!
- You can serve this old fashioned salad straight away or make it in advance for the following day.
- If you don’t have Dijon mustard then any mustard will do but I would suggest wholegrain mustard.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: Classic Macaroni Salad, old fashioned Macaroni Salad, Salad Ideas, Salad Recipes, Summer Salad, Everyday Salad, Best Salad Recipe