This goat’s cheese and walnut salad is a time old combination that works every time. Pair the salad with a sweeter vinaigrette or a sweeter fruity wine. You can also add your favourite roasted vegetables. Substitutes well with feta cheese.
- 150g (5 oz) salad leaves, washed
- 250g (9 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250g (9 oz) goat’s cheese
- 150g (5 oz) walnuts
- 30ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 120ml (8 tbsp) olive oil
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) caster sugar
- salt and pepper
- Tear the salad leaves into bite-sized pieces and put into a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, put the vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper into a screw-topped jar and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Crumble the goat’s cheese on top and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Serve with French bread as a starter, or light lunch.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 227 mg
- Fat: 48 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 14.2 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg