- 600g (1 lb 5 oz) new potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped, about 2 tbsp
- 60ml (4 tbsp) mayonnaise, or more
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender, adding the eggs for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove the potatoes and eggs from the pan and allow to cool.
- Halve the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Peel and chop the eggs and add to the potatoes will the dill and shallots. Gently toss to combine, then season.
- Gently stir the mayonnaise through the salad using a large metal spoon and serve.
- This potato salad is ideal for picnics as a side dish.
- Use any other potato you prefer if you can’t come by new potatoes.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 133
- Sodium: 484 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg