- 400g (1 lb) baby new potatoes, halved
- 160g (5½ oz) green beans, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 2 red chilis, deseeded and sliced thinly
- 60ml (4 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of gently simmering water and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil, add the beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes, or until bright green and just tender. Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again. Put in a serving bowl with the potatoes.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar together and drizzle evenly over the salad.
- If you have a lazy streak like me, add the beans to the potato pot near the end of the potatoes’ cooking time. That way you have one less pot to wash.
- For those of you, who are frightened of chilis, use bell peppers/capsicums instead.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 171
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Fat: 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 1.4 g