Elevate your salads with this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe. Fresh, crunchy, and bursting with flavors - a healthy and delicious choice!
For the Salad:
- 680 grams Brussels sprouts
- 60 grams chopped walnuts
- 2 medium-sized crisp apples (about 400 grams)
- 60 grams dried cranberries
- 60 grams freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the Dressing:
- 60 milliliters extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 milliliters apple cider vinegar
- 15 milliliters Dijon mustard
- 15 milliliters honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the Brussels Sprouts: Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts, remove any wilted outer leaves, and wash them thoroughly. Shred them using a food processor or a sharp knife.
- Prepare the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and black pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Set the dressing aside.
- Toast the Walnuts: Toast the chopped walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the shredded Brussels sprouts, sliced apples, dried cranberries, and toasted walnuts. Please make sure to toss everything together gently to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Add the Dressing: Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and toss again until all the ingredients are well coated with the dressing.
- Add Parmesan Cheese: Sprinkle the freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the salad. You can toss it in with the salad or leave some for presentation.
- Chill and Serve: Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. It can also be served immediately if you prefer it.
- You can use a food processor with the shredding attachment or a sharp knife to shred the Brussels sprouts.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant and lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Shred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brussels sprouts salad, shaved brussels sprouts salad, shaved brussels sprouts salad with a mustard vinaigrette, shaved brussels sprouts salad with a lemon vinaigrette, how to shave brussels sprouts, shave brussels sprouts recipes, raw brussels sprouts salad, apple brussels sprouts salad, cold brussels sprouts salad