- 90g (3 oz) green beans, trimmed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red pepper (capsicum), cut into short strips
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 440g (14 oz) tin butterbeans (lima beans)
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 3 minutes and drain.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and gently stir for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the garlic, red pepper, green beans, mushrooms and vinegar, then cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain the butterbeans. Add them to the pan with the remaining oil and stir until just warmed through. Serve.
- Personally I prefer to buy dried butter beans and soak them overnight. Rinse and boil them for 30 minutes or until just soft, not mushy. Follow recipe as above.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 2.7 g