Making the creamy pea soup is the perfect idea when it is colder outside or if you are just looking for a winter warmer soup recipe. Garnish with herbs.
- 500g (1 lb) peas, fresh or frozen
- 200g (½ lb) crème fraîche
- parsley, for garnishing
- Blanch the peas for 2-3 minutes until they are just tender and still bright green. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Tip the peas into a blender and add just enough of the liquid (about 500ml/1 pint) to cover and whiz to a smooth purée.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add all but 60g (4 tbsp) of crème fraîche and pulse for a few seconds to combine.
- Pour the soup into warm bowls and dollop the reserved crème fraîche on top. Serve immediately.
- There are other alternatives to the crème fraîche being used in this recipe, like single (running) cream, double (whipping) cream and even milk. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg