Make this easy and totally syn-free slimming world butternut squash soup. It’s a simple soup recipe that will warm you up in the colder months.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 900g (2 lbs) butternut, peeled and sliced
- 900ml (1½ pints) Knorr vegetable or chicken stock
- 30g (1 oz) chives, washed and roughly chopped
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray, add the onion and garlic and gently sauté.
- When the onion has softened after about 5 minutes, add the butternut and stock and stir well. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the butternut is soft.
- Blend the soup with a hand-held blender or in a food processor.
- Season to taste, serve in four bowls and sprinkle with the herbs.
- If you’re not on any kind of diet, you can substitute the cooking spray with 15ml (1 tbsp) butter and 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil, fry the onions and follow the instructions.
- Your favourite type of bread, buttered, will go down a storm.
- If you’re vegan, omit the butter and add more oil to the recipe instead.
- If you’re on a low-fat diet, leave out the oil and butter and use low-fat cooking spray.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: South African
Keywords: slimming world butternut squash soup, butternut squash soup recipe, south african soup, knorr butternut soup