Capture the holiday spirit with our Eggnog Cookies. Buttery and spiced, they're the perfect festive treat to sweeten the season.
For the Cookies:
- 225 grams (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 200 grams (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 120 milliliters (1/2 cup) eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 420 grams (3 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Icing:
- 120 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 30-45 milliliters (2-3 tablespoons) eggnog
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggnog, eggs, and vanilla paste to the butter mixture. Beat until well combined.
- whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 2.5 centimeters (1 inch) in diameter, and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to create a cookie shape.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare the icing. Whisk together the powdered sugar and eggnog in a small bowl until you achieve a smooth and drizzle consistency icing.
- Once the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, drizzle the icing over the top of each cookie using a spoon or a piping bag.
- Allow the icing to set before serving the cookies. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggnog cookies, christmas cookies