Alcoholic Butterbeer is perfect for grown up Harry Potter fans. It comprises butterscotch liqueur, cream soda and vodka with whipped Amarula Vanilla Spice cream.
- 50ml (1 x double jigger) butterscotch schnapps liqueur
- 50ml (1 x double jigger) vanilla vodka
- 300ml (1¼ cup) cream soda
- 125ml (½ cup) double cream
- 50ml (1 x double jigger) Amarula Vanilla Spice
- Pour the cream and Amarula into a whipped cream dispenser. Close its lid and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to chill.
- While for the cream, pour all of the Golden Bottom ingredients in a one pint beer stein.
- Charge whipped cream dispenser with an N2O gas canister.
- Turn the dispenser upside down and give it a shake.
- Spray the cream on top of the drink.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Most butterscotch schnapps varieties are clear or very pale in colour. If you can get hold of it, use Buttershots. Alternatively, you can add colour to the bottom part of the cocktail by adding 4 drops of brown colourant and 1 drop of orange red colourant.
- If you don’t have a whipped cream dispenser, you can whip the cream in the bowl until soft peaks form. Slowly add in the Amarula while whisking, then spoon on top of the drink.
- Don’t make the same mistake as we did by using a CO2 gas canister instead of an N2O when we attempted the cocktail for the first time.
- If you can’t get hold of Amarula Vanilla Spice, the original Amarula will work well too.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: butterbeer cocktail, alcoholic butterbeer, adult butterbeer, Harry Potter butterbeer recipe, halloween cocktail recipe, amarula recipe