This quick Pickled Cucumber recipe is super easy to prepare. It’s best served in sandwiches, salads and as a condiment to main meals.
- Place the thinly cut cucumber slices in salted, ice water and let them soak for 1 hour.
- Place the vinegar, salt, fennel, mustard, celery salt, turmeric and sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the pickling sauce from the heat and let it cool down.
- Drain the cucumber and dot dry with a paper towel.
- Place the cucumber and onions in a large, about 1ℓ (4 cups) sterilised jar, then pour in the pickling sauce.
- Close the lid and give a shake to mix the ingredients.
- Place in the fridge and wait for at least 1 hour before consuming. It will last for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Enjoy as a side dish to meals, as a topping for salad, or as a sandwich filling. Enjoy!
The amount of cucumbers required depends on the size used, so adjust the amount used until the container is filled.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: pickled cucumber, quick pickled cucumber, sweet pickled cucumber recipe, easy pickled cucumber, how to make pickled cucumber, vegan cucumber recipe