Rosemary potatoes is a vegan potato side dish recipe that works well with most western meals, especially roast lamb dinners.
- 1kg (2lbs) new potatoes, washed
- 45ml (3 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 5g (1 tsp) salt
- 3g (¾ tsp) freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves, garlic, minced
- 10g (3 tbsp) fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan 180°C / 392°F / gas mark 6.
- Hasselback each potato. Do this by placing the potato between two parallel pens/chopsticks of the same height. Cut the potato down to said objects. Be careful not to cut the potato all the way through.
- The objects are there to stop this. Slice as thinly as you’re comfortable with. Repeat the process along the potato.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Here comes the messy part. Place the potatoes in the mixing bowl. Use your hands to massage the herb and oil mixture into the potatoes, try to get into the grooves.
- Place potatoes in a large roasting tin in one layer then cook in the oven for 1 hour, or until golden and crispy. For best results, give the tin a shake every 15 minutes to loosen up the potatoes and recoating with the herbed oil.
- Serve immediately as part of a roast lamb dinner. Enjoy!
- Stick to small potatoes where possible.
- You can use larger potatoes, wash and cube them into 2.5cm (1in) squares and proceed with the recipe.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: rosemary potatoes, rosemary garlic potatoes, oven roasted potatoes, roast potatoes recipes, roasted hasselback potatoes, potato side dish recipe