If you’re on a diet and fancy something sweet, this Weetabix Cake is the way to go. Great as a snack when enjoying a tea break!
- Place the Weetabix, sugar, raisins and milk in a large bowl.
- Let the ingredients soak for at least an hour at room temperature. Alternatively, place in the fridge to soak overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / fan 160°C / 355°F / gas mark 4.
- Grease and flour a 900g (2lb) loaf tin. Set aside.
- Add the egg to the bowl and mix.
- Fold in the flour.
- Tip the contents into the loaf tin and bake for 1 hour, or until cooked, which means a skewer has to come out clean.
- Tip the cake out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve sliced with a cup of tea. Enjoy!
- Feel free to substitute the raisins with your favourite type of dried fruit.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: weetabix cake, weetabix recipe, low calorie cake, low calorie treat, slimming world weetabix cake