Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 500g (1lb) cooked and peeled chestnuts
- 750ml (3 tbsp) vegetable stock
- Fry the onions in butter and oil in a large saucepan until they have softened.
- Add the carrots, chestnuts and stock.
- Turn up the heat until a slow simmer is reached. Continue for around 10 minutes or until the carrots are cooked.
- Pour the contents into a KitchenAid blender, or an alternative, and blend until the soup is perfectly smooth.
- Garnish each bowlful with double cream, parsley, chopped cooked chestnuts and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!
- To make the recipe vegan-friendly, omit the butter and use a bit more oil to fry the onions. Use a cream alternative.
- Category: Starter
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.8 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg