Jerusalem Artichoke soup is sweet and nutty, perfect for the winter months.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 900g (2 lbs) Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced
- 900ml (1½ pints) vegetable or chicken stock
- 60ml (2 fl oz) double cream [optional]
- 30g (1 oz) chives, washed and roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan; add the onion and garlic and gently sauté.
- When the onion has softened after about 5 minutes, add the Jerusalem artichokes and stock and stir well.
- Bring the contents to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the butternut is soft.
- Blend the soup with a hand-held blender or in a food processor.
- Add the cream, season to taste and serve in four bowls and sprinkle with the herbs.
If you’re on Weight Watchers, simply omit the butter and oil and use low-fat cooking spray instead, which will turn the soup into 0 ProPoints!If you’re vegan, omit the butter and add more oil to the recipe instead.If you’re on a low-fat diet, leave out the oil and butter and use low-fat cooking spray.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 269.4g
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 22.9 g
- Sodium: 236 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.3 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg