Blue cheese fritters are the perfect starter for a fine dining meal. Lovers of the French cuisine would love this vegetarian recipe.
- 250g (8oz) Harrogate Blue cheese
- 120g (4oz) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 whole Eggs
- 150ml (10 tbsp) corn flour
- 10ml (2 tsp) salt
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) fresh oregano, finely chopped [optional]
- In a bowl, mix together the blue cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, corn flour, salt and oregano until all is combined. The dough should look like cream.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Take a small bit of dough, about a heaped tablespoon’s worth, and drop it carefully into the heated oil. Fry until golden on all sides.
- Remove the cooked fritters from the pan using a slotted spoon and set them on a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat until dough is finished. Serve warm with chutney and a green salad.
- The following types of blue cheese will work well in this recipe: stilton, roquefort, cambozola, cashel blue, danish blue cheese, dolcelatte and gorgonzola.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 776 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 128 mg
Keywords: french starters, blue cheese fritters, french starter recipes, vegetarian starter, blue cheese starter, fine dining starters, vegetarian starters