Boulangere Potatoes comprises layers of thinly sliced potatoes spruced up with sliced onion and herbs. French cuisine at its best!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan 180°C / 392°F / gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Gently fry the onions and thyme until softened and translucent, which takes around 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the first layer of potatoes in a large ovenproof baking dish.
- Sprinkle over a third of the onions, then add another potato layer.
- Repeat until all onions and potatoes have been used up.
- Pour over the stock and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately with the dish of your choice. Enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Boulangere potatoes, potato and onion bake, French potato recipe, potato side dish