- 30ml (2 tbsp) of honey
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sherry or flower beer
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into thin diagonal strips
- 1 bunch of carrots, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of radishes, washed and thinly sliced
- 250g (½ lb) oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/4 bunch of Chervil, chopped
- 50ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 6 pieces of cod, about 150g (5oz) each
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the honey and sherry/beer in a bowl and set aside.
- Sauté the shallot, carrots and asparagus for 4 to 5 minutes in a skillet with a knob of butter and a pinch of salt. Add radishes and cook 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for another few minutes. Sprinkle with chervil.
- In a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil, brown the skin side of the cod for 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and lacquer the skin with the honey and sherry/beer mixture. Continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- On each plate, serve a bed of crisp vegetables, place the cod on top and drizzle with sauce. Garnish liberally with chervil.
- You can also prepare this dish in advance by initially browning the cod in the pan, then finish cooking in the oven at 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 for 3 minutes with the honey and sherry/beer mixture later.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 472
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 237 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.3 g
- Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 53.7 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg