Try these incredible moist stuffed chicken breasts. Glaze the stuffed chicken breasts with a creamy white wine sauce. Beautiful and zesty taste of lime in the background. Garnish with greens and add a side.
- 4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts or chicken suprêmes
- 55g (2 oz) butter
- 300g finely sliced leeks
- 5ml (1 tsp) grated lime zest
- salt and pepper
- 120ml (4 fl oz) white wine
- 120ml (4 fl oz) chicken stock
- 120ml (4fl oz) double (heavy) cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- Cut horizontally into the thickest part of each breast to make a deep, wide pocket. Take care not to cut all the way through. Set the chicken breast aside.
- Melt half the butter in a large heavy frying pan over low heat. Add the leeks and lime zest and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the leeks are very soft but not coloured.
- Turn the leeks into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Leave to cool. Clean the frying pan.
- Divide the leeks among the chicken breasts, packing the pockets full. Secure the openings with wooden cocktail sticks.
- Melt the remaining butter in the frying pan over moderately high heat. Add the stuffed breasts and brown lightly on both sides.
- Add the wine and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Turn the breasts over halfway through the cooking.
- With a slotted spatula, remove the breasts from the pan and keep warm. Boil the cooking liquid until it is reduced by half.
- Stir the cream into the cooking liquid and boil until reduced by about half again. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cocktail sticks from the breasts. Cut each breast on the diagonal into 1cm (½ inch) slices. Pour the sauce over them and serve.
- Serve with mash or boiled new potatoes on the side with steamed vegetables.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 445
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 287 mg
- Fat: 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 15.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 27.1 g
- Cholesterol: 146 mg