- 400g (14 oz) thinly sliced smoked salmon, plus extra to line ramekins
- 150ml (5 fl oz) double (heavy/whipping) cream or cup crème fraîche
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- fresh dill sprigs, to garnish
- Line 4 small ramekins with clear film (plastic wrap), leaving plenty overhanging the sides. Use enough salmon to line the ramekins. Cut the fish into strips long enough to flop over the edges.
- Place the remaining smoked salmon into a food processor and add the cream, lemon rind and lemon juice. Process the salmon in short bursts until it is just smooth. Don’t over-process the pâté or it will thicken too much and the texture will be compromised. Taste and add more salt and ground black pepper. If the salmon is quite oily, it may be necessary to add a little more lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Bring over the loose strips of salmon to cover the pâté completely. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, then turn out of the moulds, lift off and discard the clear film.
- Garnish with dill sprigs.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 140
- Sodium: 392 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 12 mg