- 1kg (2lbs) sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 300ml (½ pt) double cream
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 100g (3oz) parmesan, grated
- rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- Either use a food processor or cut the sweet potatoes thinly by hand.
- Place the cream, salt and garlic in a small saucepan and warm gently.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in an ovenproof dish and pour over the creamy sauce.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with cheese and place in the oven again.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until a golden crust has formed on top.
- Serve with a green salad or roast meat.
- While processing the sweet potatoes, place the peeled ones in water to deter the browning (oxidation) process.
- The preparation time stated is for when you use a food processor to cut the sweet potato. If slicing by hand it will take you longer.
- Be careful not to overheat the cream, which will lead it to thicken too much, as it did in photo above. I ended up more a bit more cream in.
- Cooking times may vary according to the type of oven and its efficiency.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 289 mg
- Fat: 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg