Learn how to master any type of grilled halloumi recipe. You can make a grilled halloumi apetizer, grilled haloumi sandwich or grilled halloumi salad.
- 500g (1lb) halloumi
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15g (½ oz) fresh coriander or parsley
- Soak halloumi blocks in water. Each 250g block should be used with 3 litres of water. Halloumi should be soaked for a minimum of 3 hours maximum 6 hours.
- Cut each block into 8 slices.
- Give each cheese slice a light coating of olive oil.
- Place halloumi in hot frying pan and cook until browned on both sides, turning only once halfway.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve immediately.
- Serve with Pickled Cabbage and Red Onion Slaw.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 463
- Sodium: 1250 mg
- Fat: 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 23.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5 g
- Protein: 26.9 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg