Chicken Chaat is a simple Indian side dish made of chicken, vegetables and spices which come together to create a flavourful dish.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ghee or vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 60ml (4 tbsp) tamarind paste
- 14g (1 tbsp) garam masala
- 10g (2 tsp) chaat masala
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro, for garnishing
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat.
- Fry the chicken pieces until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the remainder of the oil to the frying pan.
- Gently fry the onion and green chillies until softened and translucent, which would take about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken to the onions, along with the tamarind paste, garam masala and chaat masala.
- Stir fry for another 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Switch off the heat, add the tomato and cucumber, then season to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: chicken chaat, recipe using chaat masala, chicken chat recipe, chat masala recipe, indian chaat chicken, chicken chaat starter, how to make chicken chaat