- 30 ml (2 tbsp) coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) mustard seeds
- 3 green chillies, slit lengthways
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced into fine strips
- 20g (3 oz) green mango [optional]
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 20 curry leaves
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 5ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 400 ml (¾ pint) coconut milk
- 4 sea bass fillets, weighing about 150g (5oz) each
- 60ml (4 tbsp) butter
- Heat the coconut oil in a wide pan, then sauté the onion, mustard seeds, chillies, garlic, green mango and ginger.
- Add the curry leaves and keep cooking until the onion is translucent.
- Add the turmeric and salt, pour in the coconut milk and simmer very gently for 20 minutes.
- Season the fish melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Fry the fish until cooked and serve immediately with the sauce.
- Category: Curries
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Indian
- Calories: 627
- Sugar: Sugars
- Sodium: 802 mg
- Fat: 38.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: Dietary Fiber
- Protein: 58.6 g
- Cholesterol: 123 mg