Keema rice is a vibrant and popular Indian dish which uses lamb mince and traditional Indian spices. Lamb keema rice is quick and easy. Budget-friendly.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm (1in) fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 450g (1lb) lamb mince
- 5ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 5ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) ground fenugreek
- 1.25ml (1/4 tsp) ground cloves
- 15ml (1 tbsp) garam masala
- 2 green chillies, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, washed and finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) cooked peas
- 700g (4 cups) cooked basmati rice
- Fry the onion and cardamon gently in the oil for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the onion and fry for 1 minute.
- Turn up the heat and add the mince to the mix and brown the meat while stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining spices along with the tomatoes and continue to fry on high heat until the tomatoes have melted.
- Pour in the peas and rice and carry on stirring until everything has been covered with the spices.
- Serve immediately with raita.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Fat: 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 28.3 g