Lamb tikka is a fabulous idea when you are in need of a quick lamb recipe. Mixed with traditional Indian spices and yogurt, it is a memorable combination.
- 100ml (3fl oz) yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm (1in) ginger, peeled and grated
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 15ml (1 tbsp) coriander
- 5ml (1 tsp) garam masala
- 5ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 5ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 500g (1lb) lamb neck fillets, cut into 2.5cm (1in) cubes
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the lamb cubes, in a large bowl.
- Add the lamb to the yogurt marinade and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight, to marinate.
- Thread the meat on metal skewers.
- Cook the lamb kebabs 7 minutes on each side for medium-rare to medium, or cooked to your preference.
- Serve with a fresh, green salad, cucumber raita and, naan or pita.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 10 minutes, to help prevent them from burning on the barbecue.
- Cooking time depends on how large the lamb pieces are as well as how cooked you prefer your meat. If all else fails, use a meat thermometer.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 305 mg
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg