Wild Garlic Soup is made up of onion, garlic, potato and foraged wild garlic leaves. It’s a vibrant green, healthy and delicious soup.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 450g (1lb) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 150g (5oz) wild garlic leaves/ramsons, washed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan.
- Gently fry the onion until softened then add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Tip in the potatoes and vegetables and bring the contents to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a slow simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the wild garlic to the soup and let it wilt, which would take about 1 minute.
- Transfer the contents to a food processor (or use a hand blender) and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste then divide the soup between four bowls.
- [Optional] Drizzle with cream and top with wild garlic flowers.
- Serve with your favourite bread on the side.
- If you like your soup to have a thinner consistency, add a bit more vegetable stock at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: wild garlic soup, vegetarian green soup recipe, wild garlic recipe