- 1 loaf Italian Baguette or French Bread
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) dried parsley
- 100g (3 oz) mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 30g (1 oz) parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Using a serrated knife, make a cut into the bread until it almost reaches the bottom. Repeat the process, making 2.5cm (1in) “slices”. You can make diamond shapes too.
- Melt the butter gently in a small pan and stir in the oil, garlic and parsley.
- Slather the slices with as of the butter mixture as your your heart desires. Make more of the sauce if needed.
- Cram the slices with mozzarella and finish it off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted.
- You can substitute the mozzarella and parmesan with your favourite cheese.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 139
- Sodium: 172 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg