A simple chilli prawn pasta recipe that combines prawns with spaghetti and a hearty sauce. Topped with fresh rocket salad. Use any type of Italian pasta.
- 380g (13½oz) dried spaghetti
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 250g (9oz) cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 250g (9oz) raw prawns, peeled
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried chilli flakes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste
- 15g (½oz) garlic paste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Chinese rice wine
- 5ml (1 tsp) sugar
- Boil the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Fry the tomatoes and prawns in the oil on a high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli flakes, tomato paste and garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds further.
- Add the Chinese rice wine and sugar along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan. Add a splash of water if needed.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring until the sauce sticks to the pasta.
- Serve the pasta immediately with rocket which is dressed with a traditional vinaigrette.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 371 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.4 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 34.4 g
- Cholesterol: 287 mg